If you have any questions about this policy, please feel free to call us at 800-288-2418 or 860-241-0028.
You typically provide personal information when you contact Hartford Financial Management, Inc. about investment advisory services. By collecting this data, we can better understand your financial needs and provide you with services. This information may include your:
- Name, phone number, address, email address
- Social Security or taxpayer identification number
- Employment information
- General personal or family information
- Estate and insurance information
- Assets or account balances
- Investment activity
- Account information at other institutions.
This information may come from the following sources:
- Applications, forms, statements or other information that you provide to us, whether in writing, in person, by telephone, electronically or by any other means.
We do not ever sell information about prospective, current, or former clients or their accounts to third parties.
Nor do we share such information with third parties, except as permitted by law.
- In order to service an account for you with non-affiliated companies such as an account custodian, to process certain transactions, to make transfers or account changes, and to use portfolio management and financial planning tools, it may be necessary to provide information to companies, individuals or groups that are not affiliated with Hartford Financial Management, Inc. In all such cases, we provide the third party with only the information needed to carry out its assigned duties and only for that purpose.
- If you direct us to do so or in order to fulfill your instructions (such as transmission of information to your accountant) we will release your information as instructed.
- In limited circumstances where we believe in good faith that we are permitted or compelled by law to do so (in order to cooperate with regulators or law enforcement authorities) we may provide certain information to third parties.
- We restrict access to personal information to our employees and agents for business purposes only. Employees are trained and required to safeguard such information. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to guard your personal information.